Title: Becamel Sauce
Yield: 1 Servings
8 oz Butter
8 oz Flour
1 ga Milk
4 Bay leaf
1 pn Kosher salt
1 pn Nutmeg
1 pn White pepper
1 tb Black peppercorns
1 pn Cayenne
1. Heat butter, add flour to make a roux.
2. Scald milk, gradually add to roux, whisking steadily.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring, reduce heat to a simmer.
4. cut onion in half, make a slice in each half, insert a bay leaf in each
half. stick 2 cloves in each half. Add to sauce & simmer for 20 minutes,
keep stirring, if too thick add more milk.
5. Season lightly. Spices should not dominate sauce.
5. remove clove & bay leaf from onion, puree sauce.
6. strain through cheesecloth or a semi - fime mesh colander. This is a
NOTES : YIELD 1 gallon
Recipe by: S.C.I.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 524 by CuisineArt