Mango Cream with Coconut Crisps
Title: Mango Cream with Coconut Crisps
Yield: 1 servings
4 lg Mangoes
1 c Heavy whipping cream
3 tb Confectioners' sugar
2 tb Freshly toasted Coconut
Fresh mint; for garnish
1 Brown coconut; shelled and
1. Peel the mangoes and cut them into pieces. Place the mango pieces in a
medium-sized saucepan with water to cover and cook them over low heat for
10 minutes, or until very tender.
2. When cooked, put the mango through a food mill until you have a thick
pulp. Place the pulp in a small bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and chill
it for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, whip the cream with an electric mixer or wire whisk, slowly
sprinkling in the sugar. When the mango pulp is chilled, slowly fold in the
sweetened cream, stirring only enough to make sure that the ingredients are
4. Pour the mango cream into individual sherbet glasses, sprinkle each
serving with some of the toasted coconut, garnish with mint and serve.
1. Open a brown coconut by baking it in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes,
then whacking it soundly with a hammer on its "fault" line. Take out the
coconut meat, reserving the liquid for other uses.
2. Remove the brown rind from the meat and pare the coconut into long thin
strips with a potato peeler or paring knife. Place the pieces on a cookie
sheet and brown them under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until they
are lightly toasted to charred black in the blink of an eye. Serve warm
Serves 8 to 10
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : From Chef and author Jessica B. Harris
Recipe by: Good Morning America
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.